Saturday 5 March 2011

Tomato, Chipolata and New Potato Lunch with Mustardy Vinaigrette

I make my lunch and take it with me to work everyday, it saves me so much money and I know exactly what's gone into it! I recently got Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Everyday River Cottage book and I have found the recipes much easier to recreate than in some of his other books. There is also a section on lunchbox meals, which is perfect for me, and this is one of the lunches. I added some feta in as it needed using and it worked really well. Very tasty!



Tomato, Chipolata and New Potato Lunch with Mustardy Vinaigrette (from River Cottage Everyday by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall)
(Serves 1)

4 cold boiled new potatoes, cut into chunks if large
handful of sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
2-3 cold cooked chipolatas

for the dressing
1 tsp mustard
1 1/2 tsp cider or white wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
small pinch of sugar
salt and pepper

To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.

Put the potatoes, tomatoes in a bowl, trickle over most of the dressing and toss together.
Transfer to your lunchbox. Place the chipolatas on top and trickle on the remaining dressing. Seal your lunch box.

1 comment:

  1. I think one of the reasons why I enjoy your blog is that although we cook differently, we have the same attitude about food. I almost always pack a lunch for myself and my wife for exactly the same reasons as you. My current favorite is a wrap sandwich. We can get large whole wheat tortillas that are perfect. I put cheese in the center of the tortilla, pile salad greens on top, then top with a condiment like pico di gallo or guacamole. Then I wrap it all up and roll it in waxed paper to put in my lunch box. It's less carbs than a traditional bread sandwich and it gets in more fiber and vegetables.

    ReplyDelete